Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions – The Big Mission Home
In these Terms and Conditions:
The Event is defined as The Big Mission Home 2023.
A participant is a person who has registered to take part in the Event and agreed to these terms and conditions.
The Duration of the Event is defined as the time during which a participant has walked at least 17km for the purposes of the Event and the time that the participant spends at HomeGround for the finish line celebration.
HomeGround is defined as the new building of Auckland City Mission - Te Tāpui Atawhai located at 140 Hobson Street, Auckland.
All participants under 18 must have the signed consent of a parent or guardian and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while taking part in the Event.
By completing the registration for, and taking part in, the Event, I agree that:
- I am 18 years of age or older and I am legally competent to agree to these terms and conditions
- If the participant is under 18, I am the parent or legal guardian of the participant and I agree:
- to these terms and conditions on behalf of the participant; and
- to accompany the participant throughout the Duration.
Risks and liability
- I assume all risks and responsibilities (both known and unknown) of participating in the Event. Those risks may include but are not limited to over exertion, dehydration, injury, loss of personal belongings and accidents.
- I assume all responsibility for any loss, cost or damage.
- To the extent permitted by law, Auckland City Mission, its agents, suppliers, sponsors, agencies and contractors and each of their officers, employees, agents and volunteers will not be liable to any person (including the participant) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, cost or damage whatsoever, including personal injury or property damage, which is suffered as a result of, or arises from, attendance or participation in the Event or otherwise in connection with the Event.
Changes and cancellation
- Auckland City Mission reserves the right to change, modify, postpone or cancel all or any part of the Event (including the changing the date or location of the Event), at any time and for any reason.
- Where the Event is cancelled it may not necessarily be rescheduled.
- Details of any changes or cancellation will be emailed to the participant at the email address provided on registration for the Event, published on the Auckland City Mission website and/or other reasonable means.
- Auckland City Mission will not be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the Event being modified, postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
- In the case of government mandated (COVID or other) restrictions, the Event may become a virtual event and Auckland City Mission will provide you with additional details at the time.
- Auckland City Mission reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
Fitness and preparation
- I am or will be sufficiently fit and physically prepared to safely participate in the Event. I am responsible for ensuring that I am well prepared with adequate nutrition, hydration, appropriate clothing and other personal requirements necessary for me to participate in the Event.
- I acknowledge and agree that I will participate in the Event responsibly, in a manner that is safe to myself, to others and to property and is within my own limits.
- I have not been advised against participation in the Event or similar events by any medical professional.
- I will read all correspondence and safety information about the Event that is made available to me via email, the Event website and/or social media sites and the registration process.
- While the Auckland City Mission has taken reasonable steps to check that any suggested routes are appropriate for walking, it is my responsibility to keep myself safe on whatever route I choose to take, including adhering to standard road safety rules. Auckland City Mission does not guarantee the safety or appropriateness of any routes it may suggest.
Access to HomeGround and relationship to the Auckland City Mission
- I understand that HomeGround will be open to participants and a reasonable number of guests of each participant between 12-5pm on Saturday 23 March. If I complete the Event outside those times, I may not be able to access HomeGround.
- I will follow all reasonable instructions of all Auckland City Mission and/or Event staff, agents, representatives, officers, employees and volunteers while at HomeGround to ensure my wellbeing and safety, and ensure that no hazards are created which could endanger people or property.
- While at HomeGround, I will only access those areas of the building which are identified as open to participants and their guests.
- When dealing with the public, sponsors and supporters, I will make it clear that I do not represent the Auckland City Mission, but am raising funds to support the Auckland City Mission.
- My fundraising activities for the Event will reflect the Auckland City Mission’s values of manaakitanga (hospitality), manatika (justice), atawahi (care) and rangapū (partnership).
- I will conduct myself in a manner that does not restrict or interfere with the enjoyment of the Event by others.
- When taking part in the Event, I commit to treating all Auckland City Mission staff, volunteers, clients and other participants with respect.
- I acknowledge that Auckland City Mission and/or Event staff, agents, representatives, officers, employees or volunteers may remove me from HomeGround and/or exclude me from participating in the Event:
- if my behavior is inappropriate, offensive, abusive, is inconsistent with Auckland City Mission’s values or may (in the opinion of Auckland City Mission) bring Auckland City Mission, the Event or any of their sponsors, volunteers, or other participants into disrepute;
- on medical health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person); and
- to prevent damage to any property.
- By attending the Event, I grant Auckland City Mission:
- permission to capture and/or make records of images and comments in any format whatsoever, whether a photo, video, digital media or otherwise; and
- a non-exclusive, royalty free, transferrable (without consent or notification), irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use those images or comments, in part or in its entirety, in any publication or marketing associated with the Event or Auckland City Mission, without reference or attribution to me. My name may also be used for the same purpose.